Thursday, November 17, 2011

Made it through the first week!

Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 6:06 AM
Subject: Re: What's up?
Hey yall how is it going?  So i made it through the first week in the mtc. phew haha.  Those first few days were kind of a struggle but now things are getting a lot better, I'm really starting to love it here.  I just had to get into the swing of things.  Thanks for the package and the letters they were all very much appreciated.  I love the peanut butter cup cookies.  Mom those were the things I was talking about for my farewell, so we can have them at my homecoming in two years K haha? So my district is awesome we're all way chill, and everybody works hard.  We just barelyl met our teacher yesterday, because he has been sick, so we have had like 6 different teachers up until yesterday.  But now we got one so that should be good.  But it was kind of fun getting a bunch of different perspectives when they were helping us.  The language is coming a long sort of haha, I've already imprvoed light years, but it's not even close where it needs to be, but all is well it'll get there.  I got the cookies from the bodines, those were very good, I love those bill cookies ha, and Jasons decorating was good I guess haha.  So tell them thanks, I'll write them a letter. 
Mom thanks for sending the thank you cards haha.  I'll try and get those done today when I have time.  But the package was great I loved the letters from you all.  It sounds like you are all doing good, which is good news.  I'm trying to remember what I was going to say, but it's hard, because all day everyday, it's like being hit by a tsunami of information, so i forget some things.  Gym here is way fun I usually play ball, but there is volleyball, you can run or work out up stairs, you can play four square, and if the field is open you can play soccer softball, and volleyball out there.  But it's freezing so we don't go out there.  Sunday's here are great you learn a lot, but it's very relaxing, you get to go on the temple walk which is always a nice cool down after all the studying, and you get a lot of personal study time that day which is always nice.  It's honestly amazing how much you learn here, it's hard to explain.
So the food is pretty good I wouldn't say it's great, but it is pretty good.  It doesn't have as big as selection as the cannon center but it is kind of the same idea.  I usually don't eat a ton, I just get one meal and that is it.  But i haven't got the runs yet which is good haha.  Although this week I have come down with a cold which stinks, so mom if you could send some more of those nite time and day time cold pills that would be great.  And yes I got shots i think i got the typhoid and the penasilin shot.  And it cost about a 100. I don't know if insurance will cover it or not, and I asked about the pill but they did not give it to me.  But it is to late now because the shot is already in me.  The doorm rooms or the residence halls are like a normal dorm room, there are four bunks, two desks and then like a mini individual closet to put all the clothes.  There pretty nice but we don't spend much time there.  Where we spend all our time is cooped up in a classroom, I'd say on average we're there about 8 hours a day, studying having class, teaching learning the language, whatever it might be we're there.  Linds to answer your question though about all the guys in my doorms.  There all way tight we all get a long great, but when i get that usb from spenc I'll send some pictures of everything and everyone, then you can decide for yourself how good looking they are haha (they're not that good looking haha).  
A couple of things mom you know that missionary journal on my desk with the brown spine. Could you look in it and maybe fill out the first few pieces of information that I don't know and then send it to me.  Also dad a key chain for the oil would be way nice so if that could be sent that would be great.  I hope i answered all the questions I can't really remember at the moment.  Oo we had two devtionals, one on sunday and on tuesday these happen weekly.  The first was Ian R Heaston he is like the coordinator for the missionaries, and the mtc.  He figures out all the flying situations, how much food we need at the mtc and all that stuff.  He talked about tithing, and wow how little did I know, it plays such a role in our faithfulness and keeping investigators active after baptism.  The next was Tad R. Mcallister from the corumn of the 70.  He talked about apostacy, and wow how little did I know, but i loved learning about that is what i'm focusing my study on the next couple of days.  Well I hope I answered all your questions if not let me know.  If you write please write through dear elder.  Also mom can you send me everyones adress thanks.  I love you all so much you guys are the best seriously thanks for all the support.  I'll write you another letter today as well.  The gospel is the best it brings so much joy into my life and others.  I love the work, and I love being a missionary.  Love you all.
Love Elder chandler

No comments:

Post a Comment